1 small yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
1 3/4 cups apple cider
1/2 cup apple butter
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 bay leaf
1 sprig fresh oregano
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Season pork loin with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in large cast iron pan over medium-high. Place pork, fat side down, in pan and brown on all sides, turning several times, about 10 minutes. Turn pork fat side down and place pan in oven. Roast until internal temperature reaches 80°F to 90°F, about 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, for glaze, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in medium skillet; cook onion until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Turn heat up to medium-high; add apple cider, apple butter, cider vinegar, bay leaf and oregano. Cook for about 10 minutes until sauce has reduced and thickened.
3. Remove pork from oven and pour glaze over top. Return to oven and roast until internal temperature reaches 145°F to 160°F, about 15 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing to serve. Remove juices from pan and reserve in a small bowl.
Pickled Brussels Sprouts and Apples
32 Brussels sprouts
2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
8 cups apple cider vinegar
3 1/2 cups sugar
2 bunches fresh parsley, picked and stemmed
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Use tip of a paring knife to core out the base of Brussels sprouts; break apart sprouts into individual leaves. Discard the yellow bitter core. Boil Brussels sprout leaves in salted water for about 30 seconds until bright green. Remove from the salted water and place in ice water to stop cooking; drain and reserve in large bowl.
2. Fill medium bowl with water and add lemon juice. Cut apples into 1-inch cubes; place in lemon water.
3. Combine vinegar and sugar in medium saucepan; bring to a simmer and cook until sugar is dissolved. Drain apples and place in bowl with Brussels sprouts. Pour vinegar mixture over apples and sprouts; steep for 1 minute. Add 1 cup of ice and let melt, about 1 minute; place in refrigerator.
4. To serve, drain Brussels sprouts and apples from pickling mixture; toss with parsley and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3 medium spaghetti squash
4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Season with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Place cut-side down on large baking sheet; roast for 35 to 40 minutes until tender and pulls easily with a fork. Cool for 10 minutes.
2. Pull flesh out of squash halves with fork and place in medium skillet; cook over medium heat until heated through, tossing several times. Stir in honey and cook for 3 minutes. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add butter; toss until butter is melted. Keep warm.
3. Cut pork loin into 1/2-inch thick slices. Place large spoonful of Spaghetti Squash on each plate. Lay a few slices of pork on top of squash. Drizzle with reserved roasting juices. Garnish with Pickled Brussels Sprouts and Apples.