1 cup refried beans
2 corn tostadas
2 eggs, sunny-side up
1 avocado, sliced, for garnish
1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled, for garnish
12 fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
3 roma tomatoes, halved
½ white onion, large dice
1 serrano chile, diced
2 cloves garlic, peeled
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 chipotle peppers, minced
1 lime, juiced
1 tbsp. fresh cilantro
1. Place tomatoes, onions, serranos and garlic cloves on baking sheet. Toss with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place under broiler and cook, moving frequently until lightly charred and softened.
2. Transfer to blender; add chipotle peppers, lime juice and cilantro, and blend until smooth.
1. Warm refried beans and spread liberally on each tostada.
2. Warm sausage patties and place 1 each on top of beans.
3. Spoon Salsa Roja over tostada and top with egg.
4. Garnish with sliced avocado, queso fresco and fresh cilantro leaves.