1. Prepare hollandaise according to recipe & hold warm for up to one hour until needed. Prepare sausage patties & English muffins & hold warm until needed.
2. In saucepot, heat 1 1/2 to 2 quarts of water & lemon juice (or cider vinegar) over medium-high heat until simmering. In two batches, crack eggs into small cups & slowly add eggs individually to pot. Simmer for 4-5 minutes or until whites are just set for a runny yolk, a little longer for a firmer yolk. Remove eggs from water with slotted spoon, draining on paper towels & hold warm.
3. In large saucepot or skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat & cook greens & balsamic vinegar for 2-3 minutes or until just wilted & hold warm.
4. Lay out warm toasted English muffins, topping each with sausage patty, greens & poached eggs. Spoon about 2 tablespoons hollandaise over each. Sprinkle with paprika & fresh chives. Serve!
Not a big fan of cooked leafy greens? Try serving simply with some fresh arugula greens or steamed asparagus!
Quick & Easy Smoky Orange Blender Hollandaise
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, cubed
2 large egg yolks
1/2 orange, zested & juiced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1. Melt butter in microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup in 30-second intervals until butter has just melted completely. In blender, add egg yolks, orange juice and zest, salt, paprika and pulse to combine. Set blender to low speed & add melted butter in a slow, thin stream until incorporated & a smooth pale-yellow consistency is achieved. If using salted butter, simply omit any added salt. Prepared hollandaise can be transferred to a bowl and kept warm for up to an hour before serving.