- Preheat a griddle or large pan over medium-high heat for grilling the sandwiches.
- Arrange the bread on a clean work surface and spread half of the mayo evenly on 2 slices.
- Spread the bacon jam over the two remaining slices.
- Working quickly, arrange the mayo slices, mayo side down, in the preheated pan.
- Layer the cheese on top, then the ham, and apple.
- Place the remaining slices atop, jam side down, and carefully spread the remaining mayo over each.
- When the bottom is toasted to a golden brown and the cheese is melting, carefully flip and toast the other side.
- Serve hot.
Chef’s Note: Elevate your flavors with fresh thyme sprigs sprinkled into the jam.