1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup pickle juice
1/4 cup minced garlic
1/4 cup minced shallots
1/4 cup minced jalapeño
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
Cool Smoke Salsa
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, diced plus 1 teaspoon sauce
1/2 jalapeño, diced
1 cup chopped cilantro leaves
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
- To make Cool Smoke Salsa, place all ingredients in in blender and puree until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Leftover salsa can be stored in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To make Fajita Marinade, mix together all ingredients. Place pork loin slices in shallow casserole dish; pour marinade over pork until completely covered. Cover pan and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning pork after 30 minutes.
- Toss bell peppers and onion with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Place peppers and onions in grill basket; set aside until ready to grill.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill to medium-high, about 500°F. Remove pork loin from marinade and pat dry.
- Place basket of vegetables on grill; cook 5 minutes with grill lid closed. Remove from grill and keep warm.
- Grill pork slices for 3 to 5 minutes per side until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Let stand 3 minutes; slice into thin strips.
- Divide pork, peppers and onion between tortillas and garnish with Cool Smoke Salsa, avocado, cilantro and lime wedges.
Tuffy Stone Recipe
©2018 Smithfield Foods