2 tbsp. unsalted butter
2 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. ranch mixture (from above recipe)
1/2- 3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup Queso Quesadilla cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375º F
- Cut each chicken breast in half. Place in a zip-top baggie and pound to 1/4 inch thickness with a mallet.
- Using a chopper, add all crackers and pulse until completely crushed. Place in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, add ranch packet, Dijon mustard, mayo, and milk. Put 2 Tablespoons aside for sauce later. Stir and set aside.
- Line a large cookie sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt & pepper.
- Place one piece of honey ham (broken in pieces, if necessary) on the larger half of the chicken breast.
- Place about 1/4 cup of cheese on top.
- Carefully roll closed and pin with 1-3 toothpicks. Repeat with the other 5 breasts.
- Using a brush or fork, coat the top of the chicken breasts with the ranch mixture. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
- Optional: top with paprika. This will be messy! No need to coat the bottom of the chicken, either.
- Place in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until completely cooked and golden crust.
- Meanwhile, for the cheese sauce, heat a pan over medium heat. Add butter and melt.
- Sprinkle with flour. Stir and allow to cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add reserved ranch mixture and milk, stirring frequently. Add more milk if it’s super thick. Finish with queso quesadilla cheese.
- Once the chicken is done, remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. To serve, top with a drizzle of the cheese sauce.
Chef's Notes: Once breaded, you can also make the chicken in the air fryer, cook for about 15-17 minutes. I highly suggest you place a piece of foil underneath to catch the gooey cheese.