- Combine garlic, oil, vinegar, lime juice, oregano, onion powder, cumin, chili powder and sugar in bowl; mix well. Rub all sides of pork loin with marinade, making sure it's completely covered. Wrap loin with plastic wrap; marinate in refrigerator overnight or at least 14 hours for the best results.
- Remove loin from refrigerator; let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Cover bottom of roasting pan with sliced onions; add 1 cup water. Remove loin from plastic wrap and place on top of onions.
- Roast pork loin at 400°F for 20 minutes; turn over and roast an additional 20 minutes. Cover top with aluminum foil loin starts to burn.
- Reduce heat oven temperature to 275°F and continue for 1 1/2 hours; add 1/2 cup water as needed. Don't let bottom of pan dry out and burn. Turn off oven and leave pork in for 20 minutes.
- Let meat stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with onions on top of pork slices, along with rice and beans on the side.
Ernest Servantes Recipe
©2018 Smithfield Foods