- Place the pork carnitas into a crockpot or similar slow cooker. Use a fork to pull the pork pieces apart and add water. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When the pork carnitas are finished cooking, remove from crockpot and use two forks to pull apart the meat. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350o F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and splash about 1-1/2 tablespoons of oil onto the foil. Place the sweet potato slices onto the foil, rubbing around in the oil to lightly coat both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 10 minutes. (If you prefer crispier potatoes, bake at 400o F for 10-12 minutes instead.)
- To build your nachos, place sweet potato slices in a bowl, cover with pulled pork, onions, cilantro, salsa and sour cream. Then, top with an egg fried in the remaining vegetable oil and the Oaxaca cheese.
- Garnish with more cilantro as desired and serve!
Daina Falk – The Hungry Fan