Brussels Sprouts Salad
4 to 6 Brussels sprouts, trimmed, cored leaves removed and blanched in salted water
4 plums, cored and sliced
½ cup pomegranate seeds
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 lemon, juiced and zested
1. To make brine, mix together sherry wine, water, salt and sugar; set aside. Place pork chops in small casserole dish. Pour brine over chops; cover and brine them in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, no more than 2.
2. Heat oven to 400°F. Mix bread crumbs and butter in small baking dish. Bake, tossing occasionally, until light golden brown and crisp, 8 to 12 minutes. Cool to room temperature and mix with Parmesan and pumpkin seeds. Place in shallow dish.
3. Place wire rack on baking pan and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Place flour in shallow dish. Whisk Dijon into beaten eggs in separate shallow dish.
5. Remove pork chops from brine and pat dry; season with salt and pepper. Dredge chops, one at a time in flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs. Lay breaded chops on rack and place in oven. Bake until internal temperature reaches 145°F., about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 3 minutes.
6. Meanwhile to make salad, mix Brussels sprouts, plums and pomegranate seeds in medium bowl.
7. Mix together olive oil, sherry vinegar, sugar, lemon juice and zest; season with salt and pepper. Add to salad and toss to coat.
8. Place the chops on a serving platter and scatter Brussels sprouts salad over the top.
Colby Garrelts Recipe
©2018 Smithfield Foods