4 oz. provoleta cheese (or sharp provolone) cut into 2x1/2-inch strips
1/2 cup roasted red peppers, cut into long strips
1 lb. Smithfield® Hickory Smoked Bacon, sliced
1. Carefully butterfly pork chops until they are approximately 1/2” thick. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Place a row of both roasted red peppers and provoleta cheese in the center of each chop; roll each up tightly so that cheese and peppers remain in center.
2. Place 4 bacon strips on a cutting board, overlapping slightly. Place roll perpendicular to bacon slices and roll tightly. Cut off any excess bacon and skewer with wooden pick to hold. Repeat with remaining 3 pork chop rolls. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
3. Heat oven to 375°F. Place on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast until internal temperature of pork reaches 145°F to 160°F.
3 bay leaves (fresh if possible)
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 cup chopped fresh oregano
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Combine bay leaves, garlic, white wine vinegar and red pepper flakes in blender; process until smooth.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Season with salt to taste. Chimichurri should be made no more than 1 hour before serving to preserve freshness. Serve over stuffed pork chops.
Brussels Sprouts & Chestnut Cream
2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
1/4 cup white wine
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup frozen, peeled chestnuts
2 lbs. Brussels sprouts, halved
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup pomegranate seeds
1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat oven to 375°F. To make Chestnut Cream, combine garlic and shallots in large saucepan over medium heat; cook until just tender. Stir in wine; simmer until wine is almost completely evaporated.
2. Add chicken stock, cream and chestnuts; simmer until chestnuts are very soft. Pour into blender; process until smooth.
3. Place Brussels sprouts face down in a cast-iron or heavy-duty skillet. Drizzle with vegetable oil. Cook on high until well caramelized. Remove Brussels sprouts from skillet and place on baking sheet; roast in oven until cooked through.
4. Once tender, place in mixing bowl with pomegranate seeds, thyme and olive oil. Serve immediately on top of the chestnut cream.