Thinly sliced cabbage
Thinly sliced fresh jalapeño
Sliced green onions
1. Sauté pork in large stockpot over medium-high heat until lightly browned; remove from pot. Add bacon and chorizo to stockpot and cook until fat has rendered and meat is crispy; remove from pot.
2. Carefully remove all but 1 tablespoon fat from stockpot. Add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat until softened but not brown. Add chile paste; cook 3 minutes. Add wine to deglaze pan, scraping up all the bits from the bottom of the pan. Continue cooking until wine is reduced by 3/4.
3. Add chicken stock, thyme, bay leaf, habanero, browned pork cubes, bacon and chorizo to pot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until pork is very tender, about 3 hours. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Stir in hominy; cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
5. Ladle pozole in bowls. Garnish with cabbage, jalapeño, cilantro, radishes, avocado and green onion.
Jose Garces Recipe
©2018 Smithfield Foods