1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Mix together salt, sugar and nutmeg. Season both sides of pork chops with seasoning mixture.
2. Sauté in small amount of oil over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes per side until internal temperature reaches 145°F to 160°F. Let stand 3 minutes before serving.
3 cups dried cherries
3 cups dry red wine
2 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup unsalted butter
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine cherries, wine and chicken stock in large saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until reduced by half.
2. Carefully pour half the cherries into blender; pulse until smooth. Pour back into saucepan; whisk in butter. Season with salt and pepper.
Butternut Squash Risotto
1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
1/2 onion, finely diced
1/4 cup blended oil
2 1/2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1 cup white wine
5 cups chicken stock, hot
1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Season squash with salt and pepper; arrange in single layer on baking sheet. Roast 30 minutes until tender.
2. Sauté onions in oil over medium heat until translucent. Stir in rice and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add wine to rice, scraping bits off bottom of pan.
3. Gradually add hot chicken stock, stirring frequently with wooden spoon until rice is done.
4. Stir in cheese and butter; season with salt and pepper.