2 Smithfield® Prime Pork Tenderloins
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon fennel pollen or 1 ½ tablespoons fennel seeds
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 lb. rigatoni pasta
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed and leaves chopped
4 green onions, charred in skillet and chopped
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 cup pork or chicken stock
2 oz. Pecorino Romano cheese, finely shredded
1 burrata cheese (about 4 oz.)
1. To make pork, whisk together rosemary, thyme, fennel pollen and olive oil. Coat tenderloins with mixture; cover and marinate in refrigerator for 8 to 12 hours.
2. Heat oven to 425°F. Heat canola oil in large ovenproof skillet on high. Season tenderloins with salt and pepper; sear on all sides in hot skillet, about 5 minutes. Place skillet in oven and roast until internal temperature of pork reaches 145°F., about 25 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
3. Meanwhile, to make Rigatoni, cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
4. Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium. Add Swiss chard, green onions and garlic; cook 2 minutes until chard has wilted. Add rigatoni, 1 cup pasta water and pork stock; toss together in pan to thicken sauce. Stir in Pecorino Romano cheese.
5. To serve, arrange Rigatoni on serving plates. Cut each pork tenderloin into 2 or 3 large pieces and place in pasta. Cut burrata cheese into 4 or 6 wedges and lay on top of tenderloin. Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper.
Jose Garces Recipe
©2018 Smithfield Foods