BBQ Cowboy Pork Chops
4 Smithfield® Prime Bone-In Pork Chops
3/4 cup kosher salt, divided
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 1/4 teaspoons smoked paprika
1. Whisk together 1 gallon water, 1/2 cup salt and 1/3 cup sugar until dissolved. Place chops in 2-gallon resealable food storage bag; pour brine over chops; refrigerate 1 hour. Combine remaining 1/4 cup salt, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, chili powder, black pepper and paprika; set aside.
2. Heat charcoal or gas grill for 2-zone cooking; direct heat zone about 400°F and indirect heat zone about 275°F.
3. Remove chops from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Coat with spice rub and place over indirect heat zone for 17 minutes per side until internal temperature reaches 135oF. Move chops to direct heat zone and grill until internal temperature reaches 145°F to 160°F, turning occasionally. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
6 slices Smithfield® Hickory Smoked Bacon, cooked crisp, drained and crumbled
4 ears corn on cob, husks and silk removed
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 small white onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole milk
5 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup (1 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs, toasted
4 green onions, sliced
1. Lay the ears of corn on grill over direct heat zone for 10 minutes, turning occasionally to mark all sides. Move corn to indirect heat zone and continue to cook for 10 minutes, or until kernels are fork tender. Let cool; cut corn kernels off cobs.
2. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic; cook for about 1 minute until onions are translucent.
3. Reduce heat to low and stir in flour until well mixed. Stir in milk and cheeses; cook until thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn’t scorch. Add corn kernels and crumbled bacon. Cook for about 10 minutes until mixture turns thick and bubbly. Transfer to 4 individual ramekins; top with toasted bread crumbs and green onions. Keep warm.
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
1 large watermelon radish, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Toss cucumber and radish slices with 1/2 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt; let stand 5 minutes. Toss onions with remaining 1/2 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
2. Rinse cucumbers and radishes under cold water and place in bowl. Pour boiling water over onion slices; stir slightly. Let stand 3 minutes. Drain and rinse onions under cold water; place in bowl with cucumber and radish slices. Toss with vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Serve each chop with corn ramekin and garnish with cucumber and radish pickles.