1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
1. Place pork chops in resealable food storage bag. Add remaining ingredients and massage to coat chops; seal bag and refrigerate 1 hour.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium. Cook chops in 2 batches until internal temperature reaches 145°F to 160°F, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Let stand 3 minutes before serving.
Wild Mushroom Brandy Reduction
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup butter, divided
3 cups chopped wild mushrooms (such as chanterelle, porcini and hen of the woods)
1/3 cup brandy
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
3 cups chicken stock
1. Sauté shallot and garlic in 6 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, brandy and rosemary; simmer until mixture is consistency of syrup.
2. Stir in stock and remaining 2 tablespoons butter; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
Cheddar Cheese Grits
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
2 cups stone ground grits
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Sauté garlic in butter in large saucepan over medium heat; stir in salt. Add remaining ingredients, except cheese, and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in Cheddar cheese just before serving.