- Place the seasoned pork carnitas into a slow cooker along with water and orange juice. Cook the pork for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- Once fully cooked and tender, remove pork carnitas from slow cooker and pull apart with two forks to shred.
- In a bowl, mix the pork carnitas with the sautéed onions and cilantro.
- Place a spoon full of the carnitas mixture into the empanada disc.
- Seal the pork empanadas by using a fork at the edges or pressing it together with your fingers.
- Brush the empanada dough with egg wash and place in the air fryer for about 5-7 minutes per side. When you flip the empanada, brush the other side with the egg wash.
- Set your air fryer to 350-375o F and remove empanadas once they are golden brown in color.
- Enjoy with your favorite Mexican salsas, dips or sides.
Courtney Lopez – Courtney’s Sweets