1. Preheat oven to 425˚F. Generously butter a 9" pie dish.
2. Peel and grate potatoes and squeeze out excess moisture with your hands then squeeze dry with 2 paper towels. Transfer dried potatoes to mixing bowl and add 1 egg, 1 tsp salt* and ¼ tsp black pepper. Quickly stir together until well combined then press into the buttered pie dish, molding the potatoes evenly over the bottom and all the way up the sides of the dish. Bake right away uncovered at 425˚F for 30 min. Remove from oven and decrease temperature to 350˚F.
3. Meanwhile in a large skillet over medium/high heat, add Smithfield Fresh Breakfast Sausage and sauté just until cooked through (5 mins). Add diced onion and sauté 5 min or until golden and sausage is starting to brown. Remove from heat and let cool while making egg mixture.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine 5 eggs, 1½ cups half and half, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper, ¼ tsp garlic powder, and 2 tsp TABASCO® Sauce** then whisk together until combined. Stir in 1 cup cheese, 2 tbsp parsley, 1 tbsp dill and the cooked sausage mixture. Pour mixture over prepared potato crust.
5. Arrange sliced asparagus pieces over the top and bake uncovered at 350˚F for 55 to 60 minutes or until the center is set and no longer wobbles when you give the pan a jolt.
*Once salt touches potatoes, they will start to release more moisture so bake your crust right away.
**Give your TABASCO® Sauce a good shake before using to to get the perfect blend of flavor and spice.
Natasha of NatashasKitchen.com