- Place pork roast in a slow cooker on medium heat and cook for 6-8 hours.
- When finished, reserve 1/2 cup of liquid from the slow cooker, shred the pork roast with forks, remove any excess fat, and return to slow cooker to sit in juices until ready. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400o F.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds and stem, and cut out any membranes. Set aside (optional: blanch for 5 minutes in a pot of boiling water).
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil, onions, mushrooms and zucchini. Sauté until vegetables are tender (about 5-10 minutes).
- Chop tomatoes and green onions.
- Combine vegetables, tomatoes, onions and shredded pork meat to create stuffing mixture.
- Place halved peppers into a baking dish.
- Stuff with filling, dividing it equally between peppers.
- Top liberally with mozzarella cheese
- Add about 1/2 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker (or water) into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake at 400o F for 25-30 minutes, until peppers are tender, but not mushy.
- Garnish with cilantro and avocado and serve immediately.
Rachael Yerkes – Eazy Peazy Mealz