- Place chiles in bowl; cover them with boiling water and plastic wrap. Let the soak for 30 minutes or until softened. Transfer chiles to blender along with 2 cups of the soaking water. Puree for 2 minutes until completely smooth; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large stock pot over medium. Add sliced ribs and brown on each side, about 10 minutes. Transfer ribs to plate and set aside
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to stockpot. Sauté onion for 4 to 5 minutes until softened. Stir in garlic; cook 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, hominy, bay leaves, oregano and cumin to stockpot. Add browned pork ribs and 1/2 the chile mixture; stir to combine. Bring to a low simmer and cook, partially covered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until pork is tender.
- Once pork is tender, taste and add salt and remaining chile mixture if needed. If desired, add additional 1 to 2 cups chicken stock for thinner broth.
- Serve bowls of soup topped with cilantro, cabbage and radishes.
Ernest Servantes Recipe
©2018 Smithfield Foods