16 oz. Prime Fresh Turkey Lunch Meat (2 packages)
Large round bread boule
4 oz. goat cheese
1 roasted red pepper (jarred or fresh)
1 cup broccoli florets roughly chopped
3/4 cup toasted cashews
1 clove garlic, grated
3 oz. aged cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup mustard
1/4 cup relish
1 tbsp hot sauce
1. Put the pesto ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl until combined.
3. Slice the top 1/4 off the bread. Hollow out the bread, remove the filling until it is mostly crust. (I made breadcrumbs with the bread middle)
4. Brush the sauce all around the insides of the bread (including the lid!)
5. Layer the first package of turkey on the bottom. Top with the roasted red pepper in an even layer.
6. Spread the goat cheese on next, this step can be a little harder because the goat cheese can be tough to work with and sticky.
7. Spread the pesto on as the next layer. You may not use all of it.
8. Top with the remaining turkey. If you have any extra turkey due to having a smaller bread, that’s ok because the Prime Fresh packages are re-sealable!
9. Put the top back on the bread and wrap the sandwich with parchment. Put it in the fridge and put something heavy on top, I used a cast iron pot filled with random things from my fridge.
10. The next day, remove the sandwich from the fridge and pack it up to travel. Slice in to triangles when you are ready to use.