• Preheat the oven to 375°F.
• Arrange the baguette on a clean work surface and slice into 4 equal portions. Then slice the baguette in half. Arrange the bottom halves on a baking sheet.
• Spread the fig preserves evenly over one half of the sliced baguette and the mayo evenly over the others.
• Grind fresh black pepper over the mayo.
• Alternating, fold the turkey and ham slices over the bottom half of the baguette.
• If using creamy brie: Dollop the brie evenly over the lunch meat.
• If using sliced brie: Arrange the slices evenly over the lunch meat.
• Slide the sheet into the preheated oven and toast until the brie is melting.
• Remove from oven and place fresh arugula and remaining halves of the baguettes back atop the sandwiches and serve.
Chef’s Note: Fresh Pear or strawberry preserves or even fresh sliced red onion and strawberry would also work well on this toasted baguette.