For the Jalapeno Popper Dip
4 oz. cream cheese softened
1/4 cup mayo
3 oz. diced green chiles, drained and minced (about half of a 7 oz. can)
2 slices bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped into small pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper
4 oz. shredded pepper jack cheese
1 oz. cheddar cheese
For the Jalapeño Dip:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix the cream cheese, mayo, diced green peppers, bacon, and garlic into a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and add about half of the shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Spoon into an oven-safe baking dish and top with the remaining pepper -jack and cheddar cheese.
- Bake until bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- With the dish still in the oven, turn the oven to broil to brown the cheesy top layer, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes.
For the Sandwiches:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Toast the buns.
- If desired, spread a thin layer of mayo on the bottom bun. Add the green leaf lettuce and large folded piles of lunch meat.
- Place the red onion, tomato, and bacon on top.
- Spread a heaping tablespoon of the jalapeno popper dip onto the remaining bun top and cover to coat. Add more jalapeno dip if desired.
- Top the sandwiches and secure with a toothpick.
- On a clean baking sheet, slide the sandwiches into the oven just to warm everything and melt the dip over the beef a little more.
- Serve with all your favorite sides and enjoy.