- Preheat the broiler and toast the bread to a nice golden brown on an oven safe baking sheet. Leave the broiler on for warming the cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cranberry sauce with the mayo. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Fold in the chopped cranberries.
- Spread the cran-mayo mix evenly over the 4 slices of bread.
- Layer the sandwiches with lettuce, turkey, red onion and cheddar. With the cheddar on top, quickly place back in the pre-heated oven to melt the cheese.
- Top with the remaining slice of bread and serve.
Chef’s Note: We used a peppercorn sharp cheddar for this to bump up the savory flavor! Try mixing in fun cheeses to keep it fresh.