1. Prepare grill, bring temp to 450 degrees. Add hickory or apple wood chips if desired.
2. Place ½ cup onions and bacon in a small frying pan and place on grill. Cook until bacon is crispy and onions are caramelized let cool.
3. In another small fry pan, prepare glaze by adding 2 tablespoons of butter and ¼ cup onions. Cook until onions are softened. Add balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, chipotle powder and adobo sauce. Cook until sauce is thick and syrupy.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine ground pork, red bell pepper, garlic and steak sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Divide meat into 8 patties. Top four patties with the caramelized onions and bacon mixture. Add a slice of cheese to each. Top with the remaining four patties, pressing down to seal the edges.
5. Place patties on the grill. Grill until burgers are cooked through and no pink remains, about 4 minutes each side. Remove and let rest for at least 4 minutes before serving.
6. While burgers are grilling, make your sauce. Add egg yolks, lime juice and chipotle to a small sauce pan. Whisk together until well combined. Place over medium low heat whisking constantly, slowly add in 6 tablespoons of butter. Cook until thick and creamy. Consistency should be similar to a thick mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
7. To prepare buns, brush with 2 tablespoons butter and sprinkle with garlic powder. Toast buns on grill for about 1 minute or until grill marks appear.
8. To assemble, spread a generous amount of Chipotle Hollandaise sauce on bottom bun. Add arugula, the Caramelized Onion and Bacon Stuffed Burger, followed by the top bun.
Created by Suzanne Clark, livingacreativelife.net