1. Heat oil in large skillet over High. Cook pork 7 to 8 minutes until browned on all sides. Place in a 3 ½- to 4-quart slow cooker.
2. Carefully pour 1/3 cup water into the skillet on High heat; scrape bottom and sides to loosen any browned bits. Pour over pork.
3. Add pepper and onion mixture, celery, tomatoes, bay leaves and thyme to slow cooker. Cover and cook on High for 4 to 5 hours (Low: 8 to 10 hours).
4. Stir together remaining 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch until cornstarch is dissolved. Stir into pork mixture, breaking up the pork while stirring. Cover and cook on High for 15 minutes to thicken slightly.
5. Serve over your choice of cooked egg noodles, grits, rice or mashed potatoes.