1. Render bacon in a large, heavy skillet on medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
2. Remove meat with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
3. Drain all but 2 Tablespoons of the bacon grease.
4. Add butter to skillet. Melt while scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan. Add onion and sugar.
5. Stir and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
6. Add garlic, dark corn syrup and all spices.
7. Cook for 5 more minutes, watching carefully and stirring so the mixture doesn’t burn.
8. Add coffee, vinegar, bourbon, maple syrup, hot sauce and salt and pepper. Stir until evenly combined.
9. Add bacon back to skillet. Cook on low heat, uncovered for one hour, stirring occasionally.
10. Remove from heat. Cool for 20 minutes.
11. Pour into a food processor and pulse until consistently chunky. Cool and skim off the fat.
12. Spoon into a one-pint canning jar and cover tightly. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
13. You may need to sit out the bacon jam at room temperature for 15 minutes to make it easy to spread.
Find more Bacon Bar inspiration here!