- About one hour before smoking, make the dry rub. Combine salt, sugars, black pepper, chili powder, garlic powder and cayenne in small bowl; mix well. Generously coat both sides of ribs with rub. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Whisk together all ingredients in bowl.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill for indirect cooking at 250oF.
- Place the ribs, meaty side up, over a drip pan and cook for 4 ½ to 5 ½ hours until very tender, basting with barbecue sauce every hour. Add about 12 coals to a charcoal grill every 45 minutes or so to maintain the heat.
- Serve ribs with remaining barbecue sauce.
Recipe provided by BBQ Pit Master Tuffy Stone
For this and other recipes, click here to download