Sweet Rib Rub
1/4 cup pourable brown sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt
4 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
- Heat smoker or grill for indirect cooking at 275˚F. Add wood for smoking.
- To make Sweet Rib Rub, combine all ingredients in bowl; mix well. Brush both sides of rack with sriracha sauce. Sprinkle Sweet Rib Rub generously on both sides, it will stick to the sriracha sauce.
- Smoke ribs, bone side down, for 2 hours. Use 1 cup apple juice in spray bottle to spritz ribs every 30 minutes.
- Place 1 sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil on counter (about 4 inches longer than ribs). Arrange butter slices on foil and drizzle with honey; place ribs, meaty side down on top of butter and honey. Seal foil around ribs and return to smoker for 3 hours 45 minutes until fork tender.
- Mix remaining 1 cup apple juice with BBQ sauce in saucepan over medium heat until warm.
- Remove ribs from foil and return to smoker/grill, meaty side up. Brush them with sauce; cook 10 to 15 minutes. Let the ribs stand for 15 minutes before cutting to serve.
Fred Robles Recipe
©2018 Smithfield Foods