5 slices Smithfield® Hickory Smoked Bacon
2 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
1. Combine flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in shallow bowl. Place buttermilk in separate bowl.
2. Combine remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper, granulated garlic, onion powder, and cayenne in small bowl. Lightly season both sides of pork chops, gently pressing to stick to chops.
3. Dip each seasoned pork chop into buttermilk, then lightly press into flour mixture. Set aside.
4. To make Bacon Gravy, cook bacon in skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp; crumble and set aside. Carefully remove all but about 2 tablespoons grease from skillet. Return to heat and whisk in flour; cook for 2 to 3 minutes until light roux has formed.
5. Whisk in milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. While gravy is simmering, heat peanut oil in large, heavy skillet over medium heat until it reaches 350°F. Gently add pork chops to hot oil; cook for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown and not sticking to pan. Turn chops over and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Remove chops from oil, drain and let stand 3 minutes before serving.
7. Place Pan Fried Pork Chops on serving plates and spoon Bacon Gravy over top. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.