1. Combine Squeal Rub and 1/2 cup brown sugar; season both sides of ribs with the rub. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes to let the rub melt onto the ribs.
2. Heat grill or smoker for indirect cooking at 250°F. Add drained wood chips, if using. Place ribs, meaty side up, over a drip pan and cook for 3 hours, spraying with apple juice every 1 ½ hours. Add wood chunks or charcoal to fire as needed to maintain 250°F. to 275°F.
3. Combine BBQ sauce and hot sauce in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until warm.
4. Remove ribs from grill/smoker; brush lightly with heated sauce on both sides. Drizzle both sides of ribs with honey and sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar.
5. Wrap each rack tightly with heavy duty aluminum foil. Return wrapped ribs to the grill/smoker and cook for 1 1/2 hours more over indirect heat.
6. Remove ribs from foil and place back on the grill/smoker for 20 minutes. Brush with sauce during last 10 minutes. Let ribs stand 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
*Cowtown rub and sauce may be purchased at TheKansasCityBBQStore.com, or use your favorite brand