- Heat grill or smoker for indirect cooking at 250°F. Coat all sides of ribs thoroughly with Big Poppa Smokers Sweet Money Championship Rub. Press rub into the meat. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes, until meat “sweats” and gets shiny.
- Smoke ribs, meaty side up, for 2 hours, spritzing ribs with apple juice every 30 minutes.
- Place 4 sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil on counter (each about 4 inches longer than ribs). Squeeze honey, sprinkle brown sugar and place 5 pats of butter on each piece of foil. Place ribs on sheets, meaty side down; repeat with honey and brown sugar.
- Seal foil around ribs and return to smoker/grill. Cook for approximately 2 hours until ribs are tender. Ribs should have good “bend” in them, but should not be falling off the bone.
- Remove ribs from foil and baste all sides with BBQ sauce. Cut ribs, then sprinkle Happy Ending Finishing Rub onto ribs for added flavor.
* Sweet Money Championship Rub and Happy Ending Finishing Rub may be purchased at BigPoppaSmokers.com or use your favorite.
Sterling Ball Recipe