1. Heat smoker or grill for indirect cooking at 275°F. Add apple wood for smoking.
2. Mix together BBQ seasoning and apple pie spice; season each side of ribs with 1 tablespoon. Let stand 30 minutes.
3. Smoke ribs, meaty side down, for 30 minutes. Turn ribs over and smoke 2 hours, meaty side up. Remove from smoker and lightly brush each rack with 1 tablespoon apple butter.
4. Place 2 sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil on counter (each about 4 inches longer than ribs). Sprinkle each sheet with 1 tablespoon brown sugar and drizzle 1 tablespoon honey. Place ribs on sheets, meaty side down; repeat with brown sugar and honey.
5. Fold foil up around ribs; drizzle 2 tablespoons apple juice over each rack. Seal foil around ribs and return to smoker/grill. Cook for approximately 2 hours until ribs are tender.
6. Remove ribs from foil and return to smoker/grill, meaty side up. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons apple butter and lightly sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons BBQ seasoning mixture. Cook 5 minutes; remove and rest for 5 minutes before serving.