• 1 ½ cups apple juice
• ¼ cup kosher salt
• 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
• 2 small bay leaves
• 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
• 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
• ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
PORK LOIN FILET
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
• 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
• 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
• 8 cups cold water
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1 ½ lbs. Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into medium chunks
• 2 ½ teaspoons sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/8 teaspoon ground mace (optional)
• 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground clove
SPICY PEANUT VINAIGRETTE
• ¼ cup water
• ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
• ¼ cup canola oil
• ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Apple Brine Combine all ingredients in covered container. Refrigerate 24 hours.
- Pork Loin Filet Strain Apple Brine and cover loin in large pan or food storage bag. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Meanwhile, combine butter, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper in microwave-safe bowl.
- Applesauce Combine water and lemon juice in large mixing bowl. Add apples, stir to coat with lemon water; drain. Combine apples and remaining ingredients in heavy bottomed 3-quart saucepan. Cover pan and cook over medium-low heat for approximately 15 minutes until apples are softened. Remove cover and increase temperature to medium. Stir and mash apples with wooden spoon. Continue cooking and stirring until apples have caramelized; cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove loin filet from brine after 4 hours and pat dry with paper towels. Microwave butter mixture for 30 seconds to melt butter. Brush seasoned melted butter over entire pork loin filet. Evenly season with remaining 1 tablespoon each salt and pepper. Let stand 30 minutes while grill is heating.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill for 2-zone cooking; direct heat zone about 400°F. and indirect heat zone about 275°F. Place loin filet over direct heat zone for 10 minutes, turning frequently for even browning. Move browned loin filet to indirect heat zone and cook for 20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145°F to 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
- Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette Meanwhile,combine all ingredients in blender; pulse until well blended. Drizzle Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette over sliced pork and serve with Applesauce.