1. Bring a pot of water to boil and boil your green beans for 8-10 minutes.
2. Drain pot and rinse beans in cold water. Place green beans on a paper towel to dry completely.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon pieces until they are fully cooked but not very crispy.
4. With a spoon, take off half of the bacon grease.
5. Bring the skillet with the bacon back to the heat and add butter, brown sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper and stir until the sauce is bubbly, about 2 minutes.
6. Add green beans to the skillet and toss until green beans are evenly coated with the bacon mixture.
7. Sprinkle with sliced almonds, serve warm.