- Heat smoker to 250°F. Trim some fat from pork butt, leave the majority of the fat cap on the bottom.
- To make injection, combine water and Big Poppa's Pork Prod Injection in 32 oz. bottle; seal with lid and shake until thoroughly mixed. Fill meat injector with solution; inject pork butt throughout with solution.
- Season all sides thoroughly with Sweet Money Rub, pat the rub into the meat. Let meat stand at room temperature until it gets shiny. Place on smoker and cook until internal temperature reaches 155°F.
- Stack 2 sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil on counter (large enough to wrap pork butt). Remove butt from smoker and place on foil. Sprinkle top with brown sugar and drizzle with honey. Season with Happy Ending Rub.
- Fold up edges of foil slightly and carefully pour apple juice around meat. Tightly seal pork butt with foil. Place back on smoker for about 2 hours until internal temperature is between 195°F. and 205°F.
- Carefully remove butt from smoker and place in deep pan, do not rip the foil as there will be a lot of juices. Wrap butt and pan with thick beach towel or blanket. Let stand 2 hours.
- While still in the pan, remove towel and unwrap foil, reserving juices. Transfer butt to separate pan. Remove bone from butt. Pork will still be very hot. Wear double cotton hot gloves with plastic food gloves on top, or high heat BBQ gloves, to start breaking apart and/or pulling pork into chunks. Season lightly with more Happy Ending Rub.
- Drizzle 1/4 - 1/2 reserved cooking juices over pulled pork; gently mix throughout meat. If desired, add BBQ sauce to pork and mix gently. Pulled pork is great for sandwiches, tacos, or even as an enchilada filling.
* Pork Prod Injection, Sweet Money Championship Rub, and Happy Ending Finishing Rub may be purchased at BigPoppaSmokers.com or use your favorite.
Sterling Ball Recipe