1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet pan with foil.
2. Place each potato between two wooden spoons, and cut thin slices without cutting all the way through the bottom.
3. Put the potatoes on the baking sheet and brush them with melted butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Bake the potatoes for 45-50 minutes until tender. Remove the pan from the oven and place cheese slices into each cut in the potato. Sprinkle the tops with Parmesan cheese. Return the pan to oven, and bake another 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
5. Remove the potatoes from the oven. Sprinkle generously with bacon pieces. Top with sour cream and chives.