1. Heat charcoal or gas grill for 2-zone cooking; direct heat zone about 400°F and indirect heat zone about 275°F. Stack 2 sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil, 2-inches longer than loin filet, over indirect heat zone.
2. Place loin filet in center of foil with bacon on top, place any extra bacon pieces in package on top of the filet or on foil. Grill loin filet for 40 to 45 minutes per pound until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
3. Mix together mayonnaise and chipotle pepper sauce until well blended.
4. Remove foil with loin filet on it from grill; let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Cut 16 to 20 very thin slices (1/8-inch or less). Store any remaining meat in refrigerator for another use.
5. Grill bread slices over direct heat zone until toasted on both sides. Watch closely as not to burn.
6. Build sandwiches by layering 4 to 5 slices of loin filet with spare bacon pieces, 1 lettuce leaf, and 2 tomato slices and top of 4 slices of toasted bread. Spread generous portion of chipotle mayonnaise on remaining 4 slices of toasted bread and close sandwiches.
Darren Warth Recipe
©2018 Smithfield Foods