QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBERS
1/2 cucumber very thinly sliced
1/4 red onion very thinly sliced
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. red chili flakes
GOCHUJANG BBQ SAUCE
2 tbsp. gochujang sauce
1 cup BBQ sauce
1. Toss the cucumbers and onions in a mixing bowl. Add the red chili flakes.
2. Whisk the sugar into the rice vinegar until dissolved. Pour over the cucumber mixture and toss to fully coat. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
3. Combine the BBQ sauce and gochujang sauce in a small mixing bowl. Whisk together until fully combined. Adjust seasoning as needed by adding additional gochujang.
4. Reserve half of the prepare gochujang BBQ sauce.
5. Thinly slice the Smithfield Prime Boneless Fresh Pork Loin into 1/4" medallions. Heat a grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Brush the pork medallions with the gochujang BBQ sauce, then sear 2-3 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
7. Repeat until all of the pork medallions are fully cooked. Transfer to a serving plate, then cover and hold warm. Meanwhile, lightly toast the brioche buns if desired.
8. To build the sandwiches, place a layer of quick pickled cucumbers and onions on the bottom bun. Add a layer of the pork medallions, then top with the coleslaw mixture. Finally, add the reserved gochujang BBQ sauce to each sandwich and top with the other half of the bun. Serve immediately.
9. You can convert leftovers for this recipe into a simple salad – or really any dish! Be sure to fully reheat the leftover pork, but you can chop it up and add it to a salad or rice bowl.
Recipe Provided By:
Cara Harbstreet - Street Smart Nutrition