- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 9 mega burrito sized flour tortillas
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans,rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chiles,drained
- 1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- salt to taste
- 2 1/4 cups shredded cheese
- Grease your favorite crockpot with cooking spray.
- Place in seasoned pork carnitas, onion and water.
- Stir to combine, cover, and cook according to package directions (high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours).
- Shred pork carnitas using two forks.
- Preheat oven to 375◦ F and grease 3 (12-slot) nonstick muffin tins with cooking spray then set aside.
- Stack 9 mega burrito sized tortillas on a clean work surface.
- Use a 5-inch round cookie cutter to cut 4 rounds out of each tortilla (makes 36 rounds).
- Gently press one round into one slot of the muffin tin to create a cup.
- Repeat with remaining tortilla rounds.
- Bake in preheated oven until the tortillas are lightly crispy and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain shredded pork carnitas very well and place into a large bowl with black beans, green chiles, enchilada sauce and salt for taste. Stir until well combined.
- Fill each cup with shredded pork carnitas mixture and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve with optional toppings and enjoy!
Trevor & Jennifer Debth – Show Me The Yummy