- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp.fresh oregano
- 1 garlic head, outer skin removed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups of jasmine rice
- 2 cans of coconut milk full fat, to produce 1 1/2 cups coconut cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Refrigerate 2 cans of coconut milk in the fridge an hour before preparing, and scoop off the thick coconut “cream” off the top.
- Combine all of the Mojo Criollo ingredients in the crockpot and stir.
- Add the pork roast and close the lid to your crockpot, setting it to high heat. Let the pork cook on high heat for 4 hours, until tender, so it can easily be shredded with a fork.
- During the last hour of cooking the pork roast, combine the jasmine rice, 1 1/2 cups coconut cream, sugar, salt and water in a saucepan. Stir briefly to combine all of the ingredients.
- Bring the rice to a boil, then cover and let simmer on low heat for 40 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Turn off the burner and fluff the rice with a fork, letting it sit covered for another 20 minutes to continue steaming.
- While the rice is simmering, heat the black beans in another pot to warm for 10 minutes.
- Serve the rice with beans, and top with shredded pork meat. Garnish with diced avocado and drizzle with additional Mojo sauce from the crockpot.
Robyn Lindars – Grill Girl