- Portion sausage into tablespoon-size balls and flatten into mini patties. On griddle or in frying pan over medium-high heat, cook sausage patties for 3-4 minutes per side or until browned and cooked through, tent with foil and hold warm until needed.
- Prepare pancakes and alternately stack 3 pancakes and 2 sausage patties and skewer with wooden picks. Top with warm blueberry compote and fresh blueberries.
Chef’s Tip: Make your brunch day easier by preparing the blueberry compote a day or two ahead and reheat when needed.
Blueberry Thyme Compote
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- In saucepot over medium-high heat, stir together brown sugar and lemon juice and cook until mixture begins to bubble. Add blueberries and continue cooking until berries burst and mixture is thickened to desired syrup consistency. Remove from heat and stir in zest and thyme leaves and serve warm over pancake stacks.
- 4 eggs, brought to room temperature for 30 minutes
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup flour
- In bowl, whisk eggs until slightly frothy. Add baking soda, salt, sugar, ricotta and sour cream and whisk until combined. Slowly stir in flour until just incorporated and no lumps remain.
- Heat griddle or frying pan over medium heat and lightly coat pan with butter or vegetable oil. Drop tablespoons of batter into little silver dollar-sized circles and cook for 30-45 seconds or until bubbles appear on tops and bottom sides are golden brown. Flip cakes with spatula and continue cooking for another 30-45 seconds or until second side is golden brown.