Bacon – not always needed, but few complain & hard to go wrong with a few crisp smoky strips
Bread – seeded, whole grain, crusty artisan or a soft brioche
Greens – red or green leaf lettuce, crunchy romaine, spicy arugula, baby kale, spinach or sprouts
Vegetables – sliced crisp cucumber, roasted sweet peppers, pickled veggies, tomatoes, red onion
Cheese – classic sharp Cheddar, mild Muenster, tangy Swiss, creamy Brie or fresh mozzarella
Spreads – summer basil pesto, sundried tomato spread, classic or spicy mustard, olive tapenade, mayo
A great sandwich starts with Smithfield Ham & the rest is up to you! Make a great collection of sandwiches to take on-the-go to your next outing or adventure.
1. Pick your favorite flavor of sliced ham, maybe adding some crisp smoky bacon.
2. Try some different breads & maybe toast some slices for added texture.
3. Greens don’t always have to be boring iceberg so select a few different options from the produce aisle.
4. Fresh crisp cucumber slices, sweet roasted peppers or even a garden-ripe tomato slice make it something special.
5. Experiment with some various cheeses for different flavors & for that final touch, add a new dimension with some great spreads like summer pesto or the zip of a spicy mustard.
Gather your ingredients and make a varied assembly of sandwiches or set out a spread so each can make their own creation!