1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Separate strips of bacon and lay out flat in single layer on lightly sprayed baking rack over foil-lined rimmed baking pan. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until just crisp, rotating pan halfway through cooking. Remove bacon from pan with spatula while warm, draining on paper towels.
2. While bacon is baking, cut ham steaks into 1-inch strips and lay out onto lightly sprayed rimmed baking pan. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until warmed through. Hold bacon and ham warm until assembling sandwiches.
3. In saucepot, heat 1 ½ to 2 quarts water and lime juice over medium-high heat until simmering. Crack eggs into small cups and slowly add eggs individually to pot and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until whites are just set for a runny yolk, a little longer for a firmer yolk. Remove eggs from water with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
4. Spread guacamole onto four toasts, topping each with sliced ham, egg, pepper and bacon, and sprinkle with parsley or cilantro and serve warm.
Freshly made guacamole will really elevate this breakfast sandwich to the next level! Impress your guests or family with this simple, quick recipe.
2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and flesh scooped from shell
1 lime, juiced
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ medium white onion, finely diced
¼ to ½ jalapeno, seeded and finely minced (more or less to desired heat)
1 Roma tomato, seeded and finely diced
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1. In bowl, add diced avocado flesh and toss with lime juice, salt and cumin. Mash mixture to a slightly chunky consistency with potato masher and fold in onion, jalapeño, tomato and cilantro. Refrigerate any extra for up to one day.