Ideas - Smithfield.com | Flavor hails from Smithfield.
- 6 slices Prime Fresh Honey Ham,
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced thin,
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided,
- 1 Shallot, sliced thin,
- 4 oz. goat cheese,
- 4 oz. mayo,
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over a baking sheet. Arrange the bread slices in a single layer on the sheet. Brush 1 tablespoon oil over each.
- Toast, flipping once, until golden on both sides. Keep the oven on.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and sauté until golden brown. Remove from pan and allow to cool on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a small oven-safe ramekin, whisk the goat cheese and mayo together. Sprinkle with chives and place in the oven to cook, until the cheese mixture is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven.
- Carefully spoon a dollop of warmed cheese spread over each toast. Top with ham and toasted shallots.
- Garnish with freshly minced chives