Ideas - Smithfield.com | Flavor hails from Smithfield.
- 6 slices Prime Fresh Honey Ham,
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced thin,
- 2 tbsp olive oil,
- 1 mango, skin removed and diced,
- 1/4 red onion, minced,
- 1 lime,
- balsamic vinaigrette,
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over a baking sheet. Arrange the bread slices in a single layer on the sheet. Brush the remaining oil over each.
- Toast, flipping once, until golden on both sides.
- Remove from oven, season with salt and set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat a skillet to medium-high heat.
- Toast each slice of ham in the preheated skillet until golden, flipping once to toast each side. Remove the ham from the pan and allow to cool. Once cool, cut in half.
- Toss the mango and red onion together in a small bowl. Squeeze the juice from ½ the lime over top and sprinkle with freshly snipped cilantro. Toss to combine.
- Fold the toasted ham onto the toasts. Top with a spoonful of mango salsa.
- Before serving, drizzle with a high-quality balsamic vinegar.