1. Pound pork loin slices between plastic wrap to 1/4-inch thickness. After tenderizing cut into 2-inch pieces.
2. Combine flour and creole seasoning in a shallow bowl; mix well. Dredge pork loin pieces in flour mixture until lightly coated. Reserve leftover flour seasoning mix.
3. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in skillet over medium. Place pork in skillet, in batches; brown on both sides, careful not to overload skillet. Transfer browned pork loin to plate. Repeat until complete.
4. Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to skillet. Sauté garlic, onion, bell pepper and celery until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes; sauté 5 minutes, scraping any brown bits from bottom of skillet. Remove sautéed vegetables from skillet and place in bowl.
5. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. When fully melted, slowly add in 1/4 cup of reserved flour seasoning mix. Stir continuously for 4 to 5 minutes until mixture is dark brown. Add vinegar and 3 cups chicken stock; stir continuously until mixture is smooth and thickened.
6. Add sautéed vegetables and browned pork to thickened chicken stock in skillet. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours until meat is very tender, stirring occasionally. Add more creole seasoning to taste.
7. Bring remaining 2 cups chicken stock to a boil in medium saucepan. Slowly add quick grits, stirring until well mixed. Return grits to a boil; reduce heat and cook 4 to 5 minutes until done. Serve Cajun Pork Grillades over Grits.
Darren Warth Recipe
©2018 Smithfield Foods