1. Turn oven broiler on high.
2. In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks with chives, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
3. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until they form soft peaks with an electric mixer, or by hand.
4. Gently fold egg white mixture into yolk until just combined.
5. Melt butter into a cast iron or non-stick pan and pour egg mixture into pan, shaking gently to even out the mixture. Cook omelet until bottom is golden brown, approximately 5 minutes.
6. Top with cheese mixture and place under broiler to melt and until omelet is just set in the center.
7. Remove from oven, place Canadian bacon on one half and fold over to enclose.