- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat nonstick sauté pan over medium heat and add Smithfield Fresh Sausage roll. Continue to stir and break up the sausage into crumbles until cooked through. Remove from heat and place crumbles on a paper towel to drain off excess grease.
- Prepare pancake mix according to package using water or milk and maple extract. Stir until combined; do not overmix.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cooked sausage to each muffin tin and top with pancake batter – should be ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until brown and a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and enjoy!
NOTE: Pancake bites will not turn super brown on top but will spring back to the touch and pull away from the sides of the muffin tin when ready.
TIP: Make a double batch and freeze in a ziplock bag; simply reheat in the oven or microwave when ready to eat!