1. Prep and cook quinoa, so it’s ready to go but still warm when you’re ready to plate. Rinse the quinoa, add to a saucepan with the water and turn to high heat. When the water starts to boil, reduce to low heat and cover. Cook for 20 minutes on low. While quinoa cooks, prepare remaining ingredients.
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and dice into bite-sized pieces. Heat olive oil in a skillet, and sauté the sweet potatoes for about 5 minutes until mostly cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce to low heat and cover. It will finish cooking and be tender when everything else is prepped.
3. In a frying pan, cook Smithfield Hometown Original Sausage Roll.
4. When sausage is no longer pink, prep a plate with a paper towel to absorb any extra grease and pour the sausage on the plate. While the frying pan is still hot and oiled, add your eggs and cook over-easy or over-hard, according to preference.
5. Dice the avocado into bite-sized pieces and set aside for plating.
6. In a bowl add cooked quinoa, tender sweet potato and Smithfield Hometown Original Fresh Sausage, and top with the egg and avocado. For added flavor, add a little bit of sweetness by drizzling the bowl with real maple syrup.
Recipe Credit: Camille Whiting of