1/4 cup olive oil
2 lbs. russet potatoes small dice
1 cup diced onion
5 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
8 oz. package Smithfield Anytime Favorites Ham cubed
1/4 cup basil pesto
1/4 cup fresh tomatoes chopped
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
1 tbsp. fresh basil chopped
1 jalapeno diced
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
1 avocado diced
1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
1 cup baby bella mushrooms diced
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
1 tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil is heated, add the potatoes, onion, and garlic.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the hash and cook for 20 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ham and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
For the Italian version:
- Add the pesto and tomatoes with the ham.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese, cover and let melt for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and top with the fresh basil.
For the Mexican version:
- Add the jalapenos at the same time as the potatoes, onion and garlic.
- After adding the ham and cooking for 5 minutes, sprinkle the pepper jack cheese on top, cover and let melt for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and top with the avocado and fresh cilantro.
For the Greek version:
- Add the mushrooms at the same time as the potatoes, onion and garlic.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes with the ham.
- Cook for 5 minutes, remove from the heat, sprinkle with the feta cheese and fresh parsley.
Recipe by Whitney Bond